Friday, December 11, 2009

Backpack Europe: Food Review & Insight



(Backpack Europe Oct'09)Bold

Post Travel Insight

Traveling Europe, an average meal cost around 5-6euros, for me. For 10euros and more, I can get relatively good meals in a restaurant. For 2-3euros, I can get good and huge looking sandwiches. (In fact, all food portions looked huge to me in Europe.)
The wine is such a favorite and common drink in Europe, especially among the British. It is also not expensive. One of the dorm mate I met in Italy, drank wine for mineral water everyday. Traveling solo in Europe, on several occasions, I had the privileged of being offered a glass of free wine as compliment to my meal in restaurant.
In Italy, I had pizza and ice-cream almost every day. I can get really good, delicious and sumptuous pizza around 3-4euros. Mmmm… the Rome and Venice ice-creams were yummy especially in cold weather....
I ate McDonald’s a couple of times in Europe. I really like the Ceasar Salad and Crispy crumbs yogurt which are not available in Malaysia McDonald.
Actually I’m not really a food-person…I like junk food, snacks and can eat at odd times, anytime. So I don’t have much to comment about food.
Mineral water is very expensive in Europe. The most expensive I drank was 5euros per bottle. I only realized quite late that most of the tap water were drinkable in most places in Europe especially in Lucerne and Salzburg.

Backpack Europe for 3 weeks, I was really glad, my last minute packing had included some multi-vitamin tablets, nutritional supplement sachets and some cereal bars that have kept me going at times when I didn’t get a good night rest. Also kept me healthy enough to avoid H1N1 :).










No comments:

Post a Comment

Backpack Europe - Just Go, Explore and Discover

Dear Reader,

You are most welcome to share your travel reviews, tips and comments on anything or everything under the sun related to travel in the various postings of this blog. Feel free to just express your heart out ....

Thank you for reading.